The letter from Ecological Walk was addressed to the Board of Directors of the Legislative Assembly. / Jessica Guzman
Members of the XXIII Ecological Walk delivered a letter to the Legislative Assembly Board asking lawmakers to reopen the investigation into the “archived” project.
The projects they are commissioning research on are:
• Development and discussion of proposed climate change legislation.
• Development and discussion of the Food Security and Sovereignty Bill.
• Amendment of the Civil Protection, Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Act.
• Development and discussion of legislation on the drinking water and sanitation sub-sector.
• The Metal Mining Prohibition Law is respected.
Lutheran pastor Santiago Rodríguez, a member of the walk, recalled that the current Congress decided to “clean that table and send everyone to the archives,” and that they would be taken up again and that “what they offer… I hope that this will be taken into consideration.” It’s their contribution. ”
In May 2021, members of the current parliament’s environment committee archived all of their predecessor’s files.
Source: Diario Elmundo